Los Angeles is still in the thick of a $3.7 billion jail plan and the county budget process. The county still has the opportunity to invest in community solutions instead of incarceration. To continue the conversation and build up pressure, CURB and it’s members are organizing several events in the next three weeks for you to join our fight!
We will be discussing the county budget and alternative budget campaigns that our members are working on at our first event this coming Tuesday.
One important aspect is that we will be discussing the last opportunity to pressure the Board of Supervisors to reject the proposed women’s jail. The Final Environmental Impact Report will be heard by the Supervisors in early October. So, it’s all hands on deck!
Will you join us to learn more and plug in?
- LA County Budget Teach-In
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 27 from 12-1:30pm
- Where: Grand Park in Los Angeles, adjacent to the Board building
- #SchoolsNotPrisons Concert and Teach-In
- When: Friday, Sept. 30 at 5pm
- Where: Chuco’s Justice Center, 1137 E. Redondo Blvd., Inglewood
- Vigil at CIW – No More Deaths!
- When: Saturday, Oct. 1 from 1:30-4pm
- Where: 1:30 – Gather at American Heroes Park (6608 Hellman Ave. Eastvale); 2:30 Start Vigil at CIW (16756 Chino-Corona Rd., Corona)
- Toxic Women’s Jail Mobilization
- When: Save the Date – Tuesday, Oct. 11
- Where: LA Board of Supervisors, 500 W. Temple St., Los Angeles