A public program in conjunction with the Break Free Art Exhibit at El Mercado La Paloma.
Friday, May 27, 2011
7 – 9:30 pm
3655 South Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90007
The program will include:
1. A tour of the Break Free Art Exhibit.
2. A projection of CSPG’s exhibition, Prison Nation: Posters on the Prison Industrial Complex
3. No More Prisons A history of prison expansion in California and where we are today. This is a powerpoint presentation produced by CURB, Californians United for a Responsible Budget.
4. An overview of CURB’s Budget for Humanity and request for sign-ons.
5. A panel representing CURB member organizations.
Learn more about California’s three strikes law, Life Without Parole for Youth, the War on Drugs, re-entry issues, parole reform and more. CURB is a statewide alliance of over 40 organziations working to curb prison spending by reducing the number of people in prison and the number of prisons in California.