Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB) is seeking a highly organized, passionate person to serve as its Statewide Organizer. The individual will be responsible for strengthening CURB’s profile and work by representing CURB in the media and at convenings, actions, conferences, meetings, coalitions, networks and other public events. This person will work directly with and be trained by the Statewide Coordinator. They will work collaboratively with CURB member organizations to meet CURB’s goals and vision and maintain CURB’s internal communications, infrastructure, stability, and health. This position will support CURB member organizations build grassroots power in California in order to stop prison and jail expansion and reduce the number of people imprisoned in our state.*
Statewide Organizer Location: Our Los Angeles Office.
This is a paid position. Deadline to apply is Friday, Jan. 27th!
CURB is seeking an intern who can assist the organization in development and fundraising efforts to generate broad public support for reducing the number of people in prison and jail in California.
- Supporting grassroots organizing and outreach efforts;
- Cultivating relationships with potential & current donors;
- Coordinating the logistics of various fundraising activities (direct mailings, thank you cards, events etc.);
- Supporting grant writing and research;
- Maintaining organizational website & social media as it relates to development;
- Assisting with administrative tasks;
- Recruiting future interns and other duties as necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Solid computer, social media and editing skills;
- Prior fundraising or community organizing experience;
- Commitment to racial and social justice or a background in prison issues;
- Interest in building grassroots fundraising skills and working in a small organization with limited resources;
- Available to attend weekly fundraising meetings;
- Available to attend monthly member meetings on the first Tuesday of the month from 6-8pm.
All internships are unpaid. Deadline to apply is Friday, Jan. 27th!
*CURB is committed to investing in the leadership of people of color and formerly incarcerated people. Formerly incarcerated people, people who have family inside prison, women, queer and trans people are encouraged to apply. CURB does not discourage or discriminate against convicted people. There will not be a background check or fingerprinting of applicants, and you will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview. Please feel free to mention that you have been in prison or jail, it will be considered as an asset in this job.
Feel free to contact Diana Zuñiga with any questions at 213-864-8931 or Diana@curbprisonspending.org.